All of us have those days when we just don’t feel like exercising. Sometimes we make excuses like we don’t have the time, we have too much on our plates or we just don’t feel motivated enough to do it that day. However, exercising improves our overall health and even our mental performance. It gives us more energy and helps keep us going. Here are four reasons to exercise when we are losing the motivation to do so.
We all know it can help control weight. Regular exercise can help us lose the weight we want, keep at our current weight and build overall strength. Those who are heavier can lose weight or not gain any more by engaging in regular, physical activity. Those who are slimmer can keep at their current weight by keeping active.
Helps Fight Depression
We all feel depressed sometimes but some of us have severe depression. Maybe those who suffer from it don’t want to take pills. If this is the case, or if you want something to help that goes along with the medication, being active will help fight off the depression. It not only helps mental performance but helps us feel better about ourselves which is a point against depression itself. Try just a little bit of exercise every day and you will definitely feel better about yourself.
Exercising can help you sleep better. It will make you tired enough to get the much-needed rest your body needs and to help you with your exercise routine the next day. Exercise can help relax you to want to go to sleep at a decent hour, bring on sleep sooner and make you sleep deeper to get the rest you need.
Regular exercise can also help with pain relief, especially back pain. There are certain exercises you can do to help fight back pain and keep your muscles working right. A physical therapist can show you these exercises or you can look them up online. Just make sure you do them every day to keep the back pain at bay.
Regular and physical exercise daily can help with these problems you might be having. Make sure you do your exercises every day and you will feel more confident, feel happier, feel better physically and sleep better. There are many other reasons why you should exercise when you are losing motivation but these are the best reasons so far.
All in all, you should just exercise because physical activity is great for your health. Even if you work at a computer all day, you should at least get up and walk around your house or go outside for a short walk. Doing so will help clear your mind and allow your heart rate to increase which will give you more energy.
Don’t stop exercising just because you don’t feel like it that day. Push yourself to do some type of exercise and you will feel better in the long run.
It can be a daunting task to stay motivated all the time during a weight loss program. You will get tempted to go back to your old eating habits or start missing works outs. There will people around who will distract you from your program.
Here are some basic tips for fat loss motivation:
– Have / Make it fun: During the weight loss program you can motivate yourself by having fun. Make your work outs different and fun. Pick up an activity which you always wanted to do. Having fun is the most underestimated motivator and ironically, it is the most potent. It will create enthusiasm and help you keep going even when you see no results.
– Inspire yourself: Your weight affects various aspects in your life. It makes you feel good and more confident, reduces health problems and other ailments. Each one of you has your own “whys”, visualize them. Feel as if you are already experiencing the benefits. How would you look, walk, talk being slim? This may sound rather unconventional to some but such simple exercises increase your motivation greatly.
– Share your thoughts and feelings with a support group: sharing your goals with others will increase your chances to succeed while on a fat loss program. If you can’t find a group, join one on the Internet. People pursuing the same goal will keep you motivated. Please do not seek condolences, but motivation, success stories, and tips. Those will get you inspired!
– Plan realistic goals which you can achieve: Don’t punish yourself or starve to shed extra pounds (that would likely not work anyways long term). Follow a fixed routine with regular exercise and a healthy diet. Create positive goals and commit to them till you achieve them.
– Carry your goal wherever you go: Write it in your dairy or stick it on your mirror so that you see it every day. This will constantly remind you and reinforce your goal.
– Review your goals: Review your goals, keep a track of your weight and analyze what you could have done better.
– Reward yourself: Rewarding yourself helps in fat loss motivation. Your rewards should be realistic and meaningful. You should reward yourself when you reach your set limit like go out for movies or buy something for yourself.
Fat loss motivation is the driving force any weight loss program. It “glues” together with the other components you are utilizing: a healthy diet plan, some detox, and an exercise program. To sum up, you should think about your goal, the end result, every day along with visualizing the benefits. Feel the benefits! Take action and stay positive by making your program fun and joining a support group. All these things will make your weight loss program a total success.
Motivation is a key factor in helping you reach your weight loss goals. It is the desire within you that helps you to propel forward in whatever venture you undertake. There are thousands of weight loss programs and an equal number of diet pills for weight loss, but these in no way have been able to check the alarming growth rate of the obese population. Motivation or the lack of it is often recognized as the main culprit behind the failure of people to get to their weight loss goals.
Motivation & Weight Loss
Weight loss coaches have found that it is only the motivated lot who find success in their weight loss endeavors. Surveys and studies have revealed that it is not the just the right type of diet or exercise regime that helps people in reaching their weight loss target, but the right motivation that inspires them with the desire to go that extra mile.
Only the motivated lot believe that they can, and they can who think they can.
There are also many instances when people lose weight only to gain it back in no time. Only the motivated few succeed in reaching their target weight, and they too can fend off from putting the weight right back on again.
Once you have decided on the diet plan and the exercise regimen that works best for you, you need the motivation to help you carry on by sticking to the diet and the fitness routine.
Remember only motivation can help you keep up the superb shape you have achieved.
Motivation Tips for Weight Loss
Here are some great weight loss motivation tips to help you along with your diet and fitness goals.
Motivation Tip 1: Weight loss motivation is all about desire rather than willpower.
Why do you want to lose weight in the first place? Try answering this question every day, and keep on adding the reasons for weight loss to stay slim, trim and fit. Once you have the desire in you it would automatically fire you up with the zeal to attain weight loss. Greater your desire, greater is your chance of achieving weight loss.
Motivation Tip 2: Sustain motivation by making your target weight believable & achievable
Always set yourself a target that is within your means. Visualizing success can also give you a push towards your goal. Fantasizing yourself wearing that particular dress you saw in the store, or imagining the compliments you’ll receive from people would help you going in your efforts to reach your weight loss target
Motivation Tip 3: Slimmer the chances of weight loss, harder it would be to sustain the focus
In your weight loss plan fall into such dire straits, you need to develop a more focused strategy to gain success. Think of something important in your life and try to target it with a whole hearted attitude. Keep track of occasions like your birthday, anniversary or Valentine’s Day to help your resolve get stronger. You can use the same strategy for weight maintenance by ensuring that you stay the same weight for each special date in your calendar.
Motivation Tip 4: Boost your weight loss motivation with a treat every time you reach your goals.
Try giving yourself a treat and reward yourself whenever you get to your weight loss target. Certain small non-food rewards for every little step you take as well as for major milestones would be a welcome change. Sing your own praise, go for a movie or pat yourself on the back with every small weight loss achievements you make.
Motivation Tip 5: Take a picture of yourself in your swimsuit or leotard at the start of your program and keep comparing.
You can take a picture of yourself every month wearing the same stuff and compare notes. When you notice the slight improvements you have made in your stride, it would be a good morale booster in your overall weight management plan.
I have heard many people say that they stick to the same type of meals/diet and a regular exercise program. But at some point, they stop losing weight. According to research, most people hit a plateau eventually. Expect the plateau! It will come. Approach it positively instead of getting frustrated or thinking that you are doing something wrong. Your mindset is 90% of the battle when embarking on a weight loss program.
1) There are some adaptive mechanisms in your body which kick in to protect it against starvation. You still need to continue eating less and burning more to maintain your new weight. Create a solid base: diet plan, exercise, and motivation. Once you hit the plateau, keep going. Results will follow.
2) Understand that after losing some weight, the hormones in your body start to work in different directions. The hormone ghrelin, responsible for stimulating appetite, increases. On the other hand, the fullness hormone amylin decreases thus curbing appetite and aiding you to maintain the new weight. Your body is a bit confused but it is imperative that you stick to your initial goal.
3) You may notice that you continue with your diet plan but still manage to stop losing weight. The common causes can be negative emotions, change of routine or stress. Sometimes your friends can be your enemies. They will take you out to eat junk foods or you might miss your daily work out. Make losing weight a priority for you. To keep focused, write down the benefits and review them daily.
4) Television is another deterrent for not losing weight. Television equals very little movement and too much snacking. Try to do some light exercise in between TV commercials. And definitely, do not make it a habit to eat while watching television!
5) Even your work may come in the way of your weight loss program. You may be spending hours in front of your computer while working. Solution: start your day with a workout or exercise during your lunch break.
Keep in mind that weight loss is all about commitment, patience, and action. Weight loss is not rocket science so don’t make it more complicated than it really is. Eat less, stick to healthy eating habits and exercise more. Focus on your goal, write down the “whys” and think about them every day. Losing weight should be a top priority for you. Otherwise, you will stop losing weight, you won’t be able to maintain your new weight, you won’t be able to get over the first plateau! Good luck with your weight loss!